Accounting and Management Technology
The Accounting and Management Technology program at Heritage is a three-year career program designed to train students to become accountants, administrators, marketing representatives, and small business owners. The program was founded in 1972 and the co-op option has been available since 1999.
Throughout the three years of the program, students are exposed to the latest business concepts and technologies through a combination of lecture, casework, and extensive team oriented exercises. It also provides students with a solid background in all business disciplines including accounting, marketing, human resources, and computer applications.
“…the best student we ever hired…”
– Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
“…we are so impressed with her work…”
– National Defense Canada
Student Skills and Competencies
Students who participate in a co-op work term are able to:
- Analyze and enter basic accounting transactions manually or with a computer software package such as Simply Accounting
- Perform financial analysis of business scenarios
- Develop databases
- Perform primary and secondary market research
- Assist in human resource activities such as job analysis, staffing, and compensation
- Prepare summary reports in an organized and professional business format
- Operate a personal computer using database, spreadsheet, and word processing software
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Participate in and contribute to a team
- Assume project leadership responsibilities
For more information about this program, consult the program profile.
T. 819-778-2270, Ext. 1280
Top of page