The program will not be offered in 2017-18 as it is under revision.
Tourism is one of the fastest growing industries with the most job opportunities.
- Tourism in Quebec alone represents a 13 billion dollar industry
- 80% of the tourism industry in Quebec happens outside Montreal and Quebec City, and generates 400 000 jobs.
- It is a growth industry that embraces entrepreneurship, so that graduates can start their own business, manage projects, or plan major events.
Cégep Heritage College is located in Gatineau, Quebec’s fourth largest city. At the very western edge of the province, the Outaouais offers the comforts of the Gatineau- Ottawa region, steps away from natural wilderness.
Cégep Heritage College is on National Capital Commission land and benefits from a panoramic view of Gatineau Park in its backyard!
New Partnership in Tourism at Heritage
Cégep Heritage College, in partnership with Cégep de Matane and Cégep Beauce-Appalaches, is proud to offer a revised Tourism program that draws on the expertise of three colleges in three regions of Quebec.
Students will gain a sound understanding of the different tourist at tractions in each region, from museums to utter wilderness. The program prepares you to work in various fields, such as cruise lines, museums, parks and outdoor recreation, government organizations, culture and arts, sports and events, municipal development and all other tourism-based activities.
Courses will be offered both in person and online, thereby allowing students to network and share their experiences. Taught in both French and English, students will gain a fluency in their second language progressively. Students are also offered the possibility of COOP (Alternance Travail-Études) locally, throughout the province and Canada, and even internationally.
Benefits of this partnership for students:
- Experiential learning – you will learn in class, online, and during activities on site.
- Fluency – students will gain a fluency in both French and English, and possibly a third language.
- An entrepreneurial approach – students will acquire the skills required to lead and manage a project.
- Unlimited Quebec – students will learn about and experience 3 distinct regions that cover most of Quebec.
- Diverse expertise – drawing on the strengths of three colleges, the student will explore tourism from the depth of the woods to the urban jungle, in person and through Virtual Tourism.
For more information please contact:
- Graduates of the program will be ready to:
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills;
- Plan, organize and manage major tourism events, products/services and attractions in a variety of settings;
- Comfortably work in both indoor and outdoor settings;
- Manage their own tourism related business using well rounded entrepreneurial skills;
- Produce and create strategic marketing plans and promotion activities;
- Have a good knowledge of Virtual Tourism, Human Resource and Business Management;
- Pursue university studies.
(819)778.2270 ext. 1591